Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Step 3: Potty Training, Days 2-3

The second day I just repeated the first day, but I was able to let her spend more time off the potty because I had a better idea of her bodily schedule and when she needed to go. She still was on the potty more than she was off of it, but I was able to wait about 45 minutes after eating and drinking before putting her on the potty for a few hours at a time, but with some 15-20 minute breaks.

Because she was off the potty more the second day, there were a few accidents, so I tried to keep her playing on the hardwood floors so that they were easier to clean.

The third days were a repeat of the first and second days, with less and less time spent on the potty. When she happened to poop or pee in the potty I made a HUGE deal of it and gave her a "bowl full of M&Ms". When she had an accident I acted very sad and took her soiled panties to the potty and scraped the poop or pee into there to show her that that is where it goes.

By the afternoon of the third day she had gotten the hang of it and started to go on her own.

Because of the potential for accidents, the first week of potty training she didn't wear anything but panties.

No comments:

Post a Comment